Tonight, we here at The LawDog Files have learned that the White House has a section of its website upon which one may create a petition.
Then, if that petition gains 25,000 signatures within a certain period of time -- I think about thirty days -- the Administration will issue a response.
In response to the recent election, some enterprising soul has created a petition to allow Texas to withdraw from the United States and form its own government.
Anyone in the Administration who didn't see something like this coming shouldn't be allowed outside without a minder, but I digress.
The petition was created on 09 NOV 2012, and needs 25,000 signatures by 09 DEC 2012. As of 12 NOV 2012 there were double the needed amount of signatures, with more coming.
Heh.
You don't have to be Carnac the Magnificent to foretell the official response from the Administration -- something polite masking giggles, giant Bronx cheers, and probably a cocked snook or two -- but I signed it anyway.
I noticed that several other (lesser) States had similar petitions up, but Texas was in the lead by a good bit, which either makes me extremely proud or slightly worried.
LawDog

0 Yorumlar