FAIRFIELD: Sam’s Restaurant
474 S I-45
Fairfield, TX 75840
903-389-SAMS
Open Daily 6-10
http://www.samsrestaurant.com/
Steam tables as far as the eye can see...that's the welcome you get at this mediocre buffet thta some misguided sould described to me as a BBQ joint.
The three meat plate of brisket, sausage and ribs arrived absolutley drowned in a thin vegetal sauce that lacked complexity or smokiness. There was nary a bite avialable without sauce, but I doubt I would have liked it any better. The sausage must have been seconds from the Sysco truck since they didn't even measure up to Eckrich. The brisket was tender, but dry and mostly tasteless. Even bites with the crust weren't worth going back for. The ribs were the best item once the sauce had been scraped away. They seemed to be the only meat that was introduced to the smoker, but they weren't exactly stellar.
The rating is based on their "specialty" BBQ, not on the rest of the food, but I'm not going to bother stopping again.
Rating *

0 Yorumlar