Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Indulge the sweet tooth


We had an absolutely fabulous dinner at Ottimo Cucina – Italia at the ITC Grand Chola, Chennai. My stomach was threatening me with dire circumstances if I so much as took another bite of that fabulous food, even though my taste buds pleaded, I could not finish the single piece of yummy pizza that tried tempting me from the plate under my fork.

Till dessert arrived. There is this corner inside me, that I call the secret dessert vault. And it will remain unfilled till the sweet tooth is satiated. So, I had this fabulous platter created by Chef Massimo placed under my wondering eyes.

Chef Massimo is a genius with his Italian food. He entered a kitchen in Rome at the age of 11 and has been cooking ever since. Obviously, food is his passion. It shows. In every single dish he creates. Nothing but the best will pass the Massimo test.

Here, this dessert platter sits before me. Letting me choose my own pace. Slowly, I begin at one end.

‘Just one nibble of each, my dear,’ my brain signals. I nod my consent. My brain believes me. And then I pick up the spoon, dipping it into the Strawberry Sorbet.

‘This is so fresh and light,’ I tell Chef Massimo who is standing at my table, watching me, with a smile on his face as I polish off every last fragment of the pink fruity ice.

And then I head to the Tiramisu, an old time favorite.

But what absolutely captures my dessert spoon is Pannacotta, the Italian classic. It is perfection in terms of creaminess, flavour, texture and sweetness. Just the way I like it. I absolutely have to look up and smile.

‘You ate it all,’ my brain says, annoyed.

‘It really was so good,’ I say.

‘Slurp,’ says the brain, smiling.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar