Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Simple September Favorites

Happy Friday!  Happy September!  I think most people are glad to see September come, with its cooler temperatures.  My daughter Tiffany was born on September 1, and celebrating the birth of someone I love is always a good way to get the month started.  This week's gratitude is a few simple things that it would have been easy to overlook, but gratitude is about being thankful for even the small and simple things in our lives - all blessings from God. I am joining, as always, with Susanne and other bloggers linking up and remembering the positive over at Living to Tell the Story.  

College application - Josh has been hard at work this past week on his college application.  He will be finishing up and graduating from Ensign College in the spring of 2022, but he has to have his application to the very competitive university he wants to attend for the Fall of 2022 completed and submitted by December 1 of this year.  While that is still a ways off,  the application is quite involved and requires letters of recommendation and also a recommendation from our clergy, so I am happy to see that he is already on top of things and moving forward. 

Flowers from my sweetheart - Charly brought these home to me when he went shopping last week. I love the color of the flowers and the thoughtfulness of my husband. 

Really good cake - I don't do a lot of baking and try not to overdo it with sweets, but this cake that Charly brought home from the grocery store was excellent.  Usually grocery store cakes leave a lot to be desired, but this one was soooo good, and we all enjoyed it, one small piece at a time throughout the week. 

Postcards finished and sent - I had another batch of postcards to send to voters in California about the recall election, and I finished them and got them in the mail by the August 31 deadline. 

Sunrise from my classroom window - now the days are getting shorter, I am usually at school in the morning before the sun comes up.  I do have great views of the mountains from my East-facing classroom windows, though, so I try to catch the sunrise before starting the day.  This day, the sky was hazy with smoke from California fires, but it looked like the fire was in the sky. Stunning!

Thursday morning's sunrise was a little less dramatic, but also a beautiful way to begin the day. 

Cooler evenings - of course, when the sun rises later, it also sets earlier.  This picture was taken one evening when I was out for a walk and was a little surprised at how early the lights were coming on.  Earlier sunsets, also mean cooler evenings, which is good for evening walks.  

That's all for this week.  Labor Day Weekend is coming and here's hoping it is a good one for everyone!  Stay well, be happy, have a good Friday and remember to be grateful!

😊Deb💚

"I am happy because I am grateful.  I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy. "
~ Will Arnett








 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar