Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PIN CUSHION


I finally found out how to take a fairly decent picture of the black velvet pin cushion that I am making.
I left it for a while as there was no point in carrying on if I could not take photo's of it.
Anyway, here it is so far.


I hunted around for a circular item about the right size an ended up with a cd.  As you can see I have traced around this with tailors chalk.


Once in the hoop I hand stitched the circle and added some for the seam, making a tenplate out of cardboard for use again.


I've then divided this up into 6 sections and started to make my ribbon roses.
As you can see one lot is coloured and the other two are white.
This is because I make them all in white satin ribbon and then colour them in afterwards with these.



They are permanent markers and do not flow onto the background when applied.
I have not tried ordinary felt tips, no sure if they would bleed.


As you can see if you enlarge, this means that you can make the tips of the roses slightly darker and the leaves more lifelike than plain ribbon.


Now I have three lots of roses nearly finished, I have added a few pearls inbetween and have the stems to finish.

Now, I am stuck as to what to put in the other 3 spaces. 
This may take a bit of pondering...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar