Yesterday the farmer found the remains of a balloon bearing a tag in the hedge in our pasture. He brought it back home.
I am not in favour of these balloons for the obvious reason that cows in particular are very curious creatures and would certainly investigate any such foreign body in the hedge. Luckily, at this time of the year, there are no cattle out but there are sheep in the pasture so there is still a danger of the tag and remains of the balloon being eaten - and that is quite dangerous.
However, as an ex-teacher, I was delighted to read the tag - which I give you here with its lovely spelling. It is from a child called Humera (not sure whether this is a boy or a girl): "Please send me a letter and tell me what you like about where you live. Thank you."
"I like living in Manchester because.....it has som pocs and heet in poc and shopng and panshop." I have written back to Humera and sent a picture of Tess and just a little bit about the farm. I do hope
he/she is on the look-out for just such a letter.
Communication....its all about communication, from balloons on tags, through letters (a dying art) and on to blogs. Where would we be without communication?

0 Yorumlar